Last night was the fishing extravaganza. At the outset, I was nervous as hell, mostly because I was worried the format wouldn’t work out very well, or that the questions would be either too easy or too hard or that only five people would actually show up. Worse yet, what if dozens of people showed up and hated it?
Things started off slightly south. As in At and I were late because it’s really hard to cook burgers on a grill that needs more gas.
But we logged on, made our apologies and then waited a bit as other people trickled in a few at a time. Vent gave some people some issues over the course of the night, but I feel it was mostly smooth sailing from there.
The short version of the night’s event was that the trivia lasted from somewhere around 4,500 fish, all the way up to a bit over 9,000. And so many people were so kind, that they stuck around and chatted and fished up the last several hundred, netting Eff the Ineffable the achievement.
Without further ado, I would like to thank everyone who came and helped. (Forgive me if I miss anyone. There were a lot of you and not everyone was active in the trivia portion.) In no particular order, thanks to:
- Ttrinity from Healer Aggro
- Kamalia from Kamalia Et Alia – grand prize winner of a mini pet
- Chawa and Darthregis from The Wayward Initiative, with special thanks to Mr. Regis for all the impressions of Sean Connery a la SNL.
- Angelya from Revive and Rejuvenate
- Rades from Orcish Army Knife
- Imraith Dos Santos from Imraith!
- Beerbelly from Beer Bacon Brawling – biggest winner of the night in terms of gold
- Apple from Azeroth Apple
- Rhii from Oh My, Kurenai!
- Zel and Gnoble from Murloc Parliament
- Grimmtooth of Grimmtooth’s Troops
- Mara of Opportunity
- Summerrose (who is also a new guildie, so welcome!)
And any other guildies who might have been fishing unbeknown to me as well as anyone else I missed just because you stayed pretty quiet. I don’t mean to insult anyone by leaving their name out, so let me know if I missed you and I’ll fix it.
Thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
And again, if anyone out there wants my trivia boards, just let me know and I’ll email it to you. For now, I am off to my first day of work.