I’ve been giving it a lot of thought lately. Like about 5 minute’s worth. And under the extreme and rigorous scientific conditions of some tests I’ve run (mostly in Portal 2, which is when I was doing the thinking about this), I’ve come to the conclusion that Blizzard loves mages best.
Let’s count a few ways
5. We have portals. Everyone knows from playing Portal 1 and 2 that portals are awesome.
4. Mirror Images. Where one mage is good, three or four more is exponentially more awesome.
3. Dalaran. Does your class have a magical, floating city that was the focus of the world for a few years? Didn’t think so.
2. We aren’t forced to rely on pets to do all the heavy lifting for us, unlike most other pure dps classes I could name.
1. We have a spell called Blizzard. If that doesn’t cinch it, I don’t know what would.
In conclusion, mages are awesome. Everyone else is merely okay.