And my post titles never have much of anything to do with the actual content. I think they call that strategic marketing for the perpetually irrelevant and overlooked.
Ahem, anyhow. A while back, there was a baked goods recipe exchange that I took part in12 and it was a fun time. Since my personal menu isn’t remotely diverse enough, I thought it would be fun to kick off and organize something similar for entrees.
So if you are interested in a recipe exchange, please let me know! You can reply here in the comments, ping me on Twitter or use my contact form to email me directly. I will want to know the following:
- If you want to receive a recipe that is simple, complex or somewhere in between
- If you have any food allergies or aversions so you don’t end up with a recipe you would never want to eat
When you submit a recipe, I will need to know these things:
- How it rates on the simple to complex scale (and how long it takes to prepare and cook)
- Any substitutions that can easily be made for more obscure ingredients (or, say, for people who cannot cook with spirits)
- Why you picked that recipe to share
I will then match each person up with an appropriate recipe and everyone will have a week to cook and write up a little something about the recipe they got, how it went in making it and maybe some pictures of at least the end result. That will be sent to me for the purposes of compilation, but we’ll pick a date when it’s okay to share it on your own blogs if you have them.
I’m going to go ahead and give us all two weeks to get this organized, so please let me know by September 23rd if you want to participate (and get me your recipe!) and I will match everyone up and get the recipes distributed to everyone by the 26th.
Questions or comments or snark remarks? You still know where to leave ‘em.